NEXT GENERATION DATABASES
NEXT GENERATION DATABASES (60 hours)
- To explore the concepts of NoSQL Databases.
- To understand and use columnar and distributed database patterns.
- To learn to use various Data models for a variety of databases.
Database Revolutions- System Architecture- Relational Database- Database Design- Data Storage- Transaction Management- Data warehouse and Data Mining- Information Retrieval.
Big Data Revolution- CAP Theorem- Birth of NoSQL- Document Database—XML Databases- JSON Document Databases- Graph Databases.
Column Databases— Data Warehousing Schemes- Columnar Alternative- Sybase IQ- C- Store and Vertica- Column Database Architectures- SSD and In-Memory Databases— In- Memory Databases- Berkeley Analytics Data Stack and Spark.
Distributed Database Patterns— Distributed Relational Databases- Non-relational 9
Distributed Databases- MongoDB - Sharing and Replication- HBase- Cassandra- Consistency Models— Types of Consistency- Consistency MongoDB- HBase Consistency- Cassandra Consistency.
Students will be able to:
- Explore the relationship between Big Data and NoSQL databases
- Work with NoSQL databases to analyze the big data for useful business applications.
- Work with different data models to suit various data representation and storage needs.